Quality employment for all
Guarantee an accessible labour market with opportunities that lead to quality jobs for all young people.
Young people are suffering from high youth unemployment, precarious and exploitative working conditions as well as discrimination in the labour market and the workplace. The lack of information and suitable skills for future employment are preventing young people to be fully integrated in the labour market. Thus measures need to be taken in order to ensure quality employment for all.
- Create quality jobs which guarantee fair working conditions, working rights and the right of living wage for all young people.
- Safeguard social protection and healthcare for all young workers.
- Guarantee fair treatment and equal opportunities for all young people in order to end discrimination in the labour market.
- Ensure equal opportunities for all young people to develop the necessary skills and gain practical experience in order to smoothen the transition from education to the labour market.
- Guarantee the recognition and validation of competencies acquired through internships, apprenticeships and other forms of work-based learning, as well as volunteering and non-formal education.
- Ensure involvement of young people and youth organisations as equal partners in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of employment policies at all levels.
- Ensure equal access to quality information and adequate support mechanisms to prepare young people for the changing labour market and future of work.